Deadline: 30 June 2011
The Comptroller & Auditor General of India New Delhi CAG Essay Competition 2011
The Supreme Audit Authority of India, as part of its year long celebrations to commemorate 150 years’ of its Institution of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India (CAG) is conducting an essay competition for students at the national level. The objective of this competition is to provide an opportunity for young minds to understand more about accounting and auditing and also to share their ideas on a critical issue.
Closing Date : 30 th June, 2011
Theme of the Essay: “Role of CAG in Meeting Challenges of Good Governance”
Any student who is currently enrolled in a program of study leading to Graduation or Postgraduation from any school/college/institution recognized by University. Only one entry from each candidate will be considered for competition. The candidate should not be more than 28 years as on 16.11.2011.
Length of the Essay :
Each participant must be required to write on the above theme. The length of the essay should be 2500 words. The essay can be either in English or in Hindi. Essays will be evaluated separately in both the languages.
Prize for Winners:
The winners of the essay competition will be awarded prize money along with a citation as given
1. First Prize : Rs. 50,000/each
2. Second Prize : Rs. 40,000/each
3. Third Prize : Rs. 30,000/each, and
4. Three consolation prizes of Rs. 10,000/each.
The participants can submit the essays online. They must email the essays as an attachment to : firstname.lastname@example.org from 01/06/2011 at 1000 hrs to 30/06/2011 at 1700 hrs.
The essays will be judged by an expert committee, in accordance with the level of understanding of the content, clarity, persuasiveness, critical thinking and its originality. The quality analysis will be done on its comprehensiveness. Besides these parameters, coherence, organization and linguistic proficiency will be other parameters of evaluation. Any level of plagiarism as well as nonconformity to the guidelines of the competition will lead to the disqualification of the participant from the competition. The candidate should ensure that the Essay is conforming to the specified limits of length before submission.
The copyright of the essays once submitted will automatically be deemed to have been transferred to the Conducting Authority. However, the copyright of essays which have not been selected for prizes will automatically be deemed to have been transferred back to the respective authors.
1. Essay must be neatly typed on ‘A4’ size paper with a linespacing of 1.5. English essay may be typed using MSWord, Times New Roman font size 14, and Hindi essay by using Akshar for windows with a font size 15.
2. Candidates are advised to submit only one entry for the competition. Sending more than one entry will lead to disqualification.
3. It is necessary for the participants to give all details as required in the prescribed format from Sl.No. 1 to 7 on the title page. These details may be verified by the conducting authority before announcement of results.
4. Candidates should not include or make direct reference to their identity inside the essay text, to avoid disqualification from the essay competition.
TITLE PAGE FORMAT
1. Name of Participant (Mr./Ms.) :
2. Father’s Name :
3. Date of Birth:
4. College/University :
5. School/College Identity Card No :
6. Graduate/ Post graduate program in which enrolled :
7. Contact Information :
Telephone number :
The details of essay competition are available on our websites, www.cag.gov.in and www.saiindia.gov.in also. For further queries please contact email@example.com
More information here.
The Rs.150,000 CAG of India Essay Competition: Role of CAG in Meeting Challenges of Good Governance
26 January 2011The Rs.150,000 CAG of India Essay Competition: Role of CAG in Meeting Challenges of Good Governance