Kyung Hee Fellowship for Korean Studies 2011
Institute of International Education at Kyung Hee University, SEOUL KOREA
1. Outline of Kyung Hee Fellowship for Korean Studies 2011
A Kyung Hee Fellowship for Korean Studies is organized to provide opportunities to study the Korean language and culture for students majoring/minoring in the Korean language and culture in Europe, North America and South Asia.
B KOPE, KOPA and KOSA are renamed Kyung Hee Fellowship for Korean Studies.
C Over 280 students from 38 countries have been experienced Kyung Hee Fellowship for Korean Studies since 2002.
D Korean Language Class divided into 7 different levels - from beginner to advanced level - by Korean language proficiency comprehensively deals with conversation, listening, reading, writing and grammar.
A Undergraduate or graduate students majoring/minoring in Korean language and culture at PRESENT.
B Accumulated GPA (grade point average) of B+ or above.
C Recommended by the dean of the department or academic advisor.
※ ONE student per one university among applicants is screened as scholarship awardees by Kyung Hee Fellowship committee of IIE.
※ Student who had ever participated in Kyung Hee Fellowship for Korean Studies (or KOPE, KOPA and KOSA) can not apply again.
3. Application Materials
※ All applications should be submitted by ONLY e-mail to email@example.com (Kyung Hee Fellowship Committee)
A Application Form (supplied by IIE)
B One letter of recommendation (by the dean of the department or student’s academic advisor) as PDF file
C Undergraduate/graduate school transcript
D A letter of self-introduction (Korean language is advantageous.)
E A copy of the “picture-page” of the passport
4. Benefits and Scholarship Conditions
A Korean language class tuition fee for 3 weeks (Aug. 1~Aug. 19), 891,000krw is included.
B Free field trip is available.
C Korean language class: 4 hours a day, 9:00~13:00, Mon~Fri.
D Material fee (around 40,000krw), meals and round trip air fare are not included.
E Scholarship awardees have to pay total 300,000krw (dormitory fee 250,000krw (double-occupancy) and admission fee 50,000krw).
5. Academic Calendar (The schedule is subject to change)
- Application Submission: April 20 ~ May 4
- Notification of the Grant: May 20
- Final Confirmation of joining in Program (information on booking a flight ticket should be submitted by email): May 23 ~ June 2
- Dispatch an Admission letter ONLY for Issuing a Visa for Korea: June 7 ~ June 24
- Dormitory Opens: July 31
- Orientation of Korean language class/ Placement Test for Korean language class: Aug. 1
- Korean Language Class: Aug. 2 ~ Aug. 18
- Completion Ceremony: Aug. 19
- Dormitory Closes: Aug. 20
A http://www.khu.ac.kr (Kyung Hee University)
B http://iie.ac.kr (Institute of International Education)
C http://sewhahall.khu.ac.kr (Dormitory Sehwawon)
Institute of International Education (IIE), Kyung Hee University, SEOUL KOREA
Download application form >>
For inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions: email@example.com