Deadline: 31 July 2012
Contest Theme: How can India and Africa compete, collaborate and co-create the future on Environmental issues?
The contests will be open in the following languages: • English • French • Portuguese • Spanish • Arabic • Hindi • Swahili
1. Eastern Africa*
Open to citizens of United Republic of Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia, Mozambique, Madagascar, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Comoros, Mauritius, Seychelles, Réunion, and Mayotte only
2. Western Africa*
Open to citizens of Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo only.
3. Central Africa*
Open to citizens of Angola, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, São Tomé and Príncipe only.
4. Northern Africa*
Open to citizens of Algeria, Egypt, Libyan Arab jamahiriya, Morocco, South Sudan, Sudan, Tunisia and Western Sahara only
5. Southern Africa*
Open to citizens of Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa and Swaziland only.
Open to Indian citizens and Non resident Indians only
Cash Prize of US$ 1000 for three winners from each of the regions*
1. Eastern Africa
2. Western Africa
3. Central Africa
4. Northern Africa
5. Southern Africa
RULES OF PARTICIPATION
• The participant must ensure he/she registers and submits for the correct category i.e. East Africa segment, South Africa segment etc of the Essay Writing Contest.
• Submission in an incorrect category will lead to disqualification.
• The participant must be an enrolled student in any school/college/institute and be over 18 and under 28 years of age as on 31 December 2011. Proof of the same will have to be submitted at the time of submission. Eg: student ID card, institutional proof etc.
• Participation is open to individuals only.
• The Submissions can be sent in English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Arabic, Hindi, Swahili.
• The essay should be in 3000 words or less.
• The essay should include a title and word count.
• Submitted entries that have been awarded at other competitions will not be considered eligible for entry and will face immediate disqualification.
• More detailed biographical information may later be requested from the shortlisted candidates.
• Submitted entries should be unpublished, original work of the participant.
• The entry should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 31 July 2012, 1200 hrs GMT.
• They can also be mailed at Ideaworks Design & Strategy Pvt Ltd 609, Block-C, 6th Floor, Nirvana Courtyard, South City-2, Sector-50, Gurgaon, Harayana, Pin-122018, India
• The submission should contain the candidate’s
~ Full Name
~ e-mail address
~ Contact no
~ City, Country and Region
~ Date of birth (date-month-year)
~ Institution / Organization
~ Student Proof of identity
For queries please mail us at email@example.com
RIGHTS AND REPRODUCTION
• All submissions to the INDIAFRICA : A Shared Future contest series will be, for exhibition or publication purposes, the property of the Organizers. The Organizing Committee retains the right to publish the business plan ideas and information associated with them and the participants in all communication exercises related to INDIAFRICA : A Shared Future.
• The Organizers or any employee or agent of the Organizers will NOT be liable for:
(a) any costs incurred or loss or liability suffered by the participants in relation to the program
(b) any lost expectation of profits by participant
(c) any failure by participant to understand their rights in relation to Intellectual Property, or the rights of The Organizers in relation to Intellectual Property
(d) any other benefit applicants may expect to gain by participating in the program.
• The Organizers may change the Terms and Conditions of participation at any time without specific notice. The amended Terms and Conditions of Entry will be effective immediately upon being posted on the Website. Important changes to the Terms and Conditions will be highlighted on www.indiafrica.in for your convenience; however, you acknowledge that it is your sole responsibility to regularly visit www.indiafrica.in to read any changes to the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Disputes, if any, are subject to the jurisdiction in the courts of Delhi only.
• Registration opens on 20 August, 2011
• Submission closes on 31 July 2012, 1200 hrs GMT
DECLARATION OF RESULTS
• Winners in each of the categories will be announced on 30 September 2012.
• The essay will be judged on the relevance and the quality of perspective presented within
the context of the contest theme.
For inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions: register here and submit your essay to email@example.com