Deadline: 15 April 2012
International Business Times (IBTimes.com) is looking for Editor in Chief to lead our Indonesia Edition. The Edition has been live in a testing mode, and is ready to develop aggressively editorially. We are looking for a candidate with a proven track record of generating web traffic, crafting insightful analysis and leading with great business news sense; as well as leading a team that does likewise. To be considered for this role, candidates should have several years of editorial management experience and have been involved in political and financial news coverage, preferably at a digital news organization. If you have high-caliber editing skills, are highly organized and are passionate about international news, we'd like to hear from you.
IBTimes.com is an online media network of over 16 country editions in 10 languages. Readers are entrepreneurs, investors, executives of global corporations both small and large. The International Business Times offers an international news platform enabling readers around the world to have access to politics, markets, companies, technology, education, travel, real estate, luxury, autos, sports, entertainment, books, fashion, health and more.
• 5+ Years Experience publishing content to a news or consumer Web site
• Experience with online video, audio and Web research skills
* Knowledge of New Technology
• Excellent writer with working knowledge of NY Times - writing style
• Strong headline writing and organizational skills
• Knowledge of SEO Best Practices
• A flair for storytelling
• A keen understanding of online communities and social networking
• Familiarity with Politics and Economy Verticals
• Producing original news content
* Hiring contributors and experts
*Create Partnerships with high-traffic Website in the country
*Preferably Fluent in English
• Grow the web traffic and popularity of the edition through increased editorial production and partnerships
• Trafficking and inspecting content for accuracy;
• Assemble a team and grow the Edition
• Serves as a liaison with the NY Headquarters
Please submit a cover letter, resume and any recent clips (if available) with your online application to email@example.com.
For inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions: email@example.com