WEB EDITOR (1-YEAR CONTRACT)
The British Embassy in Jakarta is part of a world-wide network of 230 Diplomatic Posts, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. Indonesia and the United Kingdom have a strong relationship and we work closely together to promote, among others, economic prosperity and international security.
To support this aim, the role of the Media and Communications Section (MCS) is crucial for the Embassy and we are therefore looking to recruit a Web Editor.
- Manage contents of the Embassy website in both English and Indonesian languages
- Design and deliver digital campaigns using website and social media
- Evaluate the success of web work and social media, including setting key performance indicators, monitoring visitor statistics, feedback and participation
- Develop excellent working relationships with both internal and external partners for digital campaign work
- Provide technical assistance in Public Diplomacy activities by taking photographs and recording videos of events for use on the website and social media
- Develop news materials for the website and social media in translate them in other languages
- Assist Embassy staff in IT support matters as required
- A minimum of 4-5 years of experience in a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field. Degree holders in Computer Science will be advantageous
- Excellent editorial skills with a sound understanding of writing for the web and social media skills to interact with audience on a regular basis
- Solid experience in managing dynamic and interactive websites, with knowledge of digital trends advantageous
- Strong knowledge of IT applications and software including social media platforms, content management systems, image-editing software, MS Windows
- Strong English and Indonesian language skills, both written and spoken
- Flexibility, resilience under pressure and decisiveness with a proven track record of delivering results to a high standard within tight deadlines
- Willing to start the employment in May 2012 with a 1-year contract
The British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package, inclusive of salary, benefits, leave entitlement and training opportunities. Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. In relation to this, the successful candidate will need to arrange his/her own Police Certificate. You must also have the pre-existing permit to work in Indonesia in order to apply.
Please send your CV and the completed Application Form by Monday, 16 April 2012 to Indonesia.Recruitment@fco.gov.uk.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
For inquiries: Indonesia.Recruitment@fco.gov.uk
For submissions: Indonesia.Recruitment@fco.gov.uk