We combine experienced utility consultants and seasoned industry professionals with world class tools and intellectual capital to assist our clients in diagnosing problems, designing solutions, and implementing change. We have offices in the United States, Australia, Netherlands and Philippines.
UMS Group is looking for bright and energetic applicants for the position of Writer in the Manila office. We are a leader in working with the global utilities industry to increase efficiency, reliability, and enact transformational change. We offer a work culture which is demanding, yet rewarding. Where innovative ideas and risk taking are rewarded and the skills you learn will take your career to new heights.
We provide our employees with world class tools and intellectual capital to assist them in performing their jobs and help them build or expand their professional reputations as:
- Recognized thought leaders in the industry.
- Pioneers and innovators in Operational Benchmarking, Best Practices discovery and implementation, Performance Improvement and ongoing Performance Management.
- Demonstrated leaders in designing and implementing innovative Business and Regulatory strategies for utilities in nearly every major market.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
- Potential for International travel
- Extensive opportunities to build your capabilities
- A friendly, open community of talented peers
- The ability to make a difference in the global energy industry
The Writer will work under the direction of the Research and Writing Team Lead to create well-written, insightful reports by synthesizing information from multiple sources based on a detailed content specification and using information and data provided by the Research Team. Specifically, the Writer:
- Writes on industry trends, emerging technologies, individual company strategies, regulatory filings, and financial and operating data.
- Prepares complex documents from raw and/or processed data, including assembling raw data into tables or graphs for inclusion into reports as needed.
- Analyzes and incorporates market or technical data to develop persuasive proof points.
- Edits own copy to ensure writing is succinct and appropriate for a corporate audience.
- Develops written product which adheres to documentation guidelines and templates to ensure the resulting materials are substantively complete and exhibit a professional and consistent look and feel.
- Assists in the development and refinement of writing methodologies, quality assurance, and other relevant processes.
- Interfaces with consultants around the globe to perform specific writing projects.
- Ability to read, comprehend and analyze complex written material and translate it into clear, readable prose that is free of jargon and extraneous detail.
- Ability to write compelling and accurate content and to communicate key points in a succinct way.
- Demonstrated mastery in the use of analysis and reporting tools (e.g., MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) along with the ability to integrate graphic messaging.
- Strong editing skills and good command of English word use and grammar.
- Strong information management skills and fact checking capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and under tight deadlines, both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take ownership of and work independently to see projects through to completion.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree (science, engineering, journalism, or communications preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in writing.
- Experience in the use of charts, graphs and illustrative materials in document and presentations.
- Knowledge of the electric power industry a plus.
For submissions: apply here