Deadline: 17 April 2012
Ten lucky bloggers will win a five-day, all-expenses paid trip to Queensland, Australia including return economy-class air tickets, accommodation, excursions to some of Queensland’s bucket-list attractions like the Great Barrier Reef, meals, and two close-encounter workshops with me. The event will run from June 5 until June 10, 2012, not including travel time.
In return for seeing some amazing sights, tasting some modern Aussie tucker (food), and meeting some wonderful characters, we’ll put aside time for you to create content (a minimum of two blog posts complemented by tweets, videos, photography, status updates, or podcasts) for you to share with your audience. The content will later be featured on the Tourism Queensland blog.
Please note that this prize is open only to bloggers over the age of 18.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By submitting an entry, you shall be deemed to have accepted the following terms and conditions.
1. Entries which do not fulfil the criteria will be rejected. For the purposes of the competition, an “Entrant” is defined broadly to include any blogger. Entrants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
(i) Entrants must be over the age of 18 years.
(ii) Entrants must not be engaged in any illegal or immoral activities which are likely to bring Tourism Queensland or its partners into disrepute.
(iii) entries will not be accepted from Tourism Queensland’s partners, sponsors and other agencies associated with the competition.
(iv) all winning Entrants will require good physical and mental health to undertake the activities on offer.
(v) all Entrants must have a solid understanding of the English language to understand and undertake activities covered in the workshops.
2. To enter the competition, you must submit your entry with your contact details to the competition website at ProBlogger.net/queensland-entries
3. The competition opens at 07.05 Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Tuesday 3rd April 2012 and closes at 23.59 (AEST) on Tuesday 17th April, 2012. Any entries received by ProBlogger or Tourism Queensland after the closing time, including delayed or misdirected entries, or entries which are not received due to server function or technical difficulties, will not be accepted.
4. Entrants may submit only one entry to be eligible.
5. Selection of the best final 10 Entrants will be declared winners by a panel of judges selected by Tourism Queensland. The panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the selection process.
6. The Top 10 winners will be contacted by telephone or email on Tuesday, 24th April, 2012 (AEST) by a Tourism Queensland representative.
7. All winning Entrants must confirm their attendance to the Tourism Queensland Problogger Great Barrier Reef Event (“the Event”) by 27th April, 2012 or the judging panel may review the decision at the discretion of Tourism Queensland.
8. The Event is scheduled to occur from June 5 – June 10, 2012, however this is subject to change at Tourism Queensland’s discretion and hotel availability. These dates exclude travel time to and from Queensland, Australia.
9. The prize must be taken at the nominated time and pre and post touring extensions will not be permitted. Any changes to the flight arrangements once confirmed, must be borne by the individual.
10. Winning Entrants must be present in Queensland for the entire itinerary period from June 5 until June 10, 2012. The prize includes:
(i) return travel for the winners from their nearest international airport to Queensland by carrier/s to be nominated by Tourism Queensland.
(ii) all accommodation, ground transfers and main meals for the duration of the itinerary by a selection of providers to be nominated by Tourism Queensland.
(iii) two blogging workshops conducted in English language, requiring a working knowledge of the language.
(iv) two days of adventure in Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef.
(v) various experiences, day tours, activities and most entertainment.
For submissions: use the entry form here