Deadline: 29 June 2012 (11:59PM PST)
The Coalition of Asian Pacifics in Entertainment have recently extended their submission deadline to Friday, June 29, 2012 at 11:59PM PST. Please see the flyer below.
COALITION OF ASIAN PACIFICS IN ENTERTAINMENT NEW WRITERS AWARD
Both CAPE and non-CAPE members are encouraged to apply.
Three (3) winners will each receive a $4,000 cash prize, the latest Final Draft software, a staged reading of their winning script, exclusive meetings with entertainment industry agents, producers, and executives.
The submission deadline is Friday, June 29, 2012 11:59PM PST.
Each submission should include a paid entry fee, completed application form, general release form, short essay, and one signed rules and conditions form. Please submit materials electronically to CNWA@capeusa.org by Friday, June 25, 2012 11:59PM PST.
RULES AND CONDITIONS
TELEVISION WRITING CATEGORY
Please read and abide by the rules and conditions as specified. The Application Form, Rules & Conditions Form, General Release Form, and Short Essay must be completely filled out and must be accompanied by the entry fee. All submissions, which do not follow the rules and guidelines, will be disqualified. No submissions will be returned.
1. Original or spec teleplay samples based on well-known TV series (comedy or drama) by unproduced writers are to be submitted.
2. The entrants and teleplays should be consistent with CAPE’s mission to advance diversity and cross-cultural awareness by educating and promoting Asian Pacific Islanders for key artistic and leadership roles in entertainment and media.
3. Entrants must be 18 years or older.
4. All Entries must be submitted with the following:
- Application Form
- Rules & Conditions Form
- General Release Form
- Short (100 words or less) Essay, which states how entrants or screenplays are consistent with CAPE’s mission
- Entry fee of $55.00 per script ($35.00 for CAPE members) paid online
5. All Entries must be submitted electronically to CNWA@capeusa.org in PDF format with necessary forms attached.
6. All Entries are due electronically by Friday, June 25, 2012 11:59 PM PST.
7. All submissions should be full length spec scripts, in standard industry format, and be written in English. Script must be stripped of identifying legends in the footer and header. Include your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address on your title page.
8. The winner will be chosen by a Selection Committee of Entertainment Industry Professionals. The winner will be announced in August 2012 on the official CAPE website at capeusa.org.
9. The winner will receive a $4000 cash prize, a live reading of their winning script, and an opportunity to present the winning submission to an Entertainment Industry Panel.
10. The Entrant/Writer/Team warrants that the submitted teleplay or writing sample cannot be currently under option and/or cannot be purchased. The Entrant/Writer/Team hereby warrants that he/she is the sole owner and author of the submitted teleplay and that he/she has the full right to submit it to the CAPE New Writers Awards upon the terms and conditions herein. The Entrant/Writer/Team must exclusively own the Copyright to the material being submitted.
11. The Entrant/Writer/Team hereby indemnifies CAPE and any of its agents and/or representatives, officers, members, employees and designees (including those acting as judges) referred to in the General Release as "Indemnified Parties," from and against any claims, losses, damages, losses, costs, expenses, judgments, awards, settlements or other liabilities of any kind (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) that may be asserted against it in connection with the teleplay submission.
12. If the submission is by a team, each team member must sign all forms and submit the requested information.
Entry Fees are $35 for CAPE members and $55 for non-CAPE members. Please pay your Entry Fee online from one of the selections below:
For inquiries/ submissions: CNWA@capeusa.org