Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU) is a Technical University and a Statutory Body created by an Act of J&K State Legislature. Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University is a fully residential University set up on the pattern of IITs. The University is recognised by UGC u/s 2(f) & 12 (b) and is fully residential providing well furnished accommodation and other facilities. Applications are invited from qualified and experienced candidates for the following:
- Teaching positions at the level of Professor and / or Associate Professor in the Pay Band of Rs. 37400-67000 with AGP of Rs. 10000/- for Professor and Pay Band of Rs. 37400-67000 with AGP of Rs. 9000 for Associate Professor under the School of Languages & Literature (English)
- Applications are also invited from qualified & experienced candidates for the post of Assistant Professor in the Pay Band of Rs. 15600-39100 with AGP of Rs. 6000/- in the School of Languages & Literature with specialization in English Language Teaching and Literature.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates may apply on the prescribed format available at the University Website www.smvdu.ac.in along with a demand draft for Rs.500/- drawn in favour of the Registrar, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra. The eligibility criteria for both Teaching / Non-Teaching positions can be downloaded from university Website: www.smvdu.ac.in & www.smvdu.ac.in. The eligibility of the applicants shall be considered as on their date of application. Application forms duly filled accompanied with attested copies of Date of birth, qualification / experience certificates issued by the Competent Authority along with requisite application fee should be submitted to the office of The Registrar, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Sub Post Office, Katra–182 320 (J&K) to be sent by Registered / Speed Post only so as to reach by or before 29-06-2012.
The envelope containing the application form should be superscribed the name of the post applied for.
1. Candidates not found suitable for the prescribed Pay band may be offered post in a lower Pay Band.
2. Pay band alongwith Grade Pay prescribed for the post is given in the parenthesis against each post.
3. SMVDU reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason.
4. Applications will be received only on prescribed format available on University Website.
5. Incomplete applications / applications received without application fee and those received after due date shall be summarily rejected without notice.
6. The applications received without the recommendations of the employer will not be considered. However, an advance copy of application may be sent followed by the original application through proper channel.
7. The fees etc. submitted will not be refunded and no correspondence will be entertained. The applicant must ensure that he / she fulfils the minimum eligibility conditions and only then apply.
8. Mere possession of prescribed qualifications or experience shall not entitle a person to be called for Test/Interview.
9. No interim queries in this regard shall be entertained at any stage.
10. Applicants who are in employment shall submit their applications through their employers. However, an advance copy of application may be sent followed by the original application through proper channel . Applications not routed through respective channels are liable to be rejected.
11. Stringent criteria may be applied for shortlisting the candidates to be called for interview
12. The process of selection may be by a written test / interview or a combination thereof.
13. Separate applications alongwith application fee should be submitted for each post applied for.
14. The University reserves the right either to fill any or all the posts and its decision in this regard shall be final.
15. Candidates shall have to produce original documents at the time of appearing in test / interview.
16. Candidates applying for faculty positions must enclose a detailed academic profile including the following information : -
a) Details of publications chronologically giving details of : Names of authors, title of the paper, name of the journal/conference, volume / proceedings, pages, year etc. in Journals and Conferences. Attach copies of three best (in your opinion) Refereed Journal papers
b) Details of Awards, patents, prizes etc. nature and name of Prize/Award, Name of the patent, year and details about the patent etc.
c) Details of Research guidance (PhD /M.S. /M.Tech. /M.Sc./MBA): Research degree name of the scholar, title of thesis, year of award, co-guide, if any, etc.
d) Details of research/consultancy projects carried out: Title of the project, duration, sponsor, value, coinvestigators, if any, etc.
e) Other activities: Text books and Monographs written with publication details, Continuing Education Programmes / Conferences organized.
f) Any other relevant but brief information on your academic standing.
17. Canvassing in any form may lead to cancellation of candidature.
18. The University shall not be responsible for postal delay
Download: application form for academic positions, summary sheet
For submissions: office of The Registrar, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Sub Post Office, Katra–182 320