Telecentre.org Foundation is an independent, non-profit, non-stock international organization registered in Manila, Philippines. It is in charge of the management of the telecentre.org global program, which supports the establishment and sustainability of grassroots level telecentres. These telecentres offer services, skills, and opportunities through the provision of information and communication technology products and services (such as digital literacy training) to people living in remote and rural locations around the world.
To support the work that Telecentre.org Foundation provides for its partners worldwide, it is the intent of the Foundation to create a range of materials that conveys the initiatives of the Foundation, in particular the Global Search for 100 Outstanding Telecentre Women Managers conducted under the Telecentre Women: Digital Literacy Campaign.
TO ENSURE THE HIGH QUALITY OF THESE MATERIALS A WRITER WITH THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE HIRED:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, International Relations, development-related field and/or a related field
2. At least 5 years practical experience as a Writer/Editor in a media or publishing organization
3. Excellent interview and writing (news/feature) skills in English
4. Basic computer skills
TASKS AND SCHEDULE
It is the responsibility of the English Writer to write brief and clear profiles of telecentre women managers for publication. In collaboration with Telecentre.org Foundation staff, the consultant will:
1. Conduct online (email) interviews (including follow-up interviews, if necessary) of subjects based on a standard questionnaire.
2. Write features articles (no more than 500 words in length each) on interview subjects in English. Note: Exact number of articles to be written will be determined upon hiring.
3. Solicit and obtain permission to use high-resolution photos of all interview subjects for publication
In view of the above general tasks, the consultant shall be requested to work beginning June 1, 2012. All the tasks specified above should be completed by August 31, 2012.
While this work is home-based, the consultant will be expected to be available online on occasion to meet with Telecentre.org Foundation staff for discussions and queries. The consultant is expected to report to the Communications and Community Learning Manager for the duration of the assignment.
1. Transcripts of interview in English
2. Feature Article(s) in English
3. Photo(s) of subject(s)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION
Applicants are requested to submit their CV and links to or copies of work samples that demonstrate ability to write feature/profile articles for individual subjects (preferably published).
Download the job advertisement for other languages:
- English-Portuguese Writer
- English-Spanish (Latin America) Writer
- English-Arabic Writer
- English-French Writer
- English-Sinhala Writer
- English- Thai Writer
- English-Spanish (Europe) Writer
- English-Russian Writer
- English only Writer
For inquiries/ submissions: email@example.com