Poverty is a phenomenon that troubles life aspects in almost every country in the world. However, it is not impossible to eradicate, in fact there are countries that have succeeded in improving the living standards of its people.
Looking at how countries have improved, do you think it is possible to totally end poverty? Please express your opinion on how to create the world without poverty, including examples from cases, studies or researches that you wish to engage in.
- Essays may be submitted by anyone age 18 to 25 years old (as of September 23, 2012).
- Essays must be 1000 words or less, typed in English.
- Essays must have a cover page indicating: (1) essay title (2) your full name (3) handphone number/e-mail address (for those from outside Indonesia) (4) nationality (5) age as of September 23, 2012 (6) sex (7) school/university name (if applicable).
- Entries must be submitted online (Please go to the online registration page at www.fsde-himiespa.com). (Entries must be in MS Word format. Please attach your photo and also your ID card in .jpg format (Your ID should have your name and birth date).
- Essays must be original and unpublished
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted. And one person can only submit one essay.
- Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizers.
- Ten best essays will be printed into a book and will be given to 3 winners.
- Ten best essays will be available online at www.fsde-himiespa.com
- 1st Prize: Certificate, book with compilation of essays, and prize of US$1,000
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, book with compilation of essays, and prize of US$500
- 3rd Prize: Certificate, book with compilation of essays, and prize of US$250
All prize winners will be announced in November 2012 on the Forum Studi dan Diskusi Ekonomi 2012 web site (www.fsde-himiespa.com) and by direct information to email.
For queries: firstname.lastname@example.org please put “ask” as the subject
For submissions: via the online essay submission form