Deadline: 10 July 2012
The Cambodian National Council for Children has cooperated with relevant ministries/ institutions and partner NGOs to organize a children's rights essay competition supported by Plan International Cambodia. Candidates can be a Cambodian or foreigner and can submit his/ her essay(s) in Khmer or English language to the General Secretariat at Cambodia National Council for children. Those essays are limited to 1500 words for English language, and 6 pages for Khmer language. Each essay can address any of the three questions as follow:
1. What are the most effective and efficient ways to help children in Cambodia to realize their full rights?
2. What can the government and NGOs do to ensure that children in disadvantageous situations are best protected from harms, including child pr0stitution/ trafficking/ expl0itation and other forms of abuses.
3. How best to build partnerships between public, NGO and private sectors for children?
To ensure participation and fairness, participants in this competition are divided into the following categories:
1. Children or students (primary/ secondary/ high school, including those who do not attend school)
2. Individuals in public, UN, national and international NGOs, and private sectors
3. Academic, including independent researchers, teachers, university students
4. General public
The prize of the child right essay competition will be offered from 1st to 3rd prize winners (from $100 to $300) and have chance to give the presentation and elaborate the ideas to the national workshop.
Interested candidates, please send email or document before the closing date (10 July 2012) to the General Secretariat of Cambodia National Council for children through the following address: #788 Monivong Blvd., Phnomh Penh.
For queries: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (855) 23 213 004
For submissions: #788 Monivong Blvd., Phnomh Penh