ATWS wishes to announce the formal request for submissions of books for the Cecil B. Currey Book Award for 2011-2012. This award is named in honor of one of the foremost experts on the war in Vietnam. Topics on any part of the Third World are acceptable. ATWS members are encouraged to have their works published and submit them for the book award. The award will not necessarily be given out each year, but only when the committee determines that a book of sufficient merit is submitted. Publications must be 2011 through May 31, 2012.
- Only monographs and studies will be considered. Please do not submit anthologies or edited works.
- Should an individual wish to be considered s/he must send a letter of application to the committee chair, Dr. Paul J. Magnarella, Director, Peace Studies program, Warren-Wilson College, P.O. Box 9000, Asheville, NC 28815 E-mail: email@example.com. Also, in order to enter the competition authors must submit a copy of their book to EACH member of the committee-please mail your books or have publisher send copies.
- Dr. Paul Magnarella, Director, Peace Studies program, Warren-Wilson College,P.O. Box 9000, Asheville, NC 28815 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. William P. Head, Chief Center Historian, USAF Warner Robins ALC, Robins AFB, GA 31088. email;William@williamhead.com or William.email@example.com
- Dr. Philip Aka, Department of History and Political Science, Chicago State University, 9501 S. King Drive, Chicago, IL, 60628-1598. E-mail: Philip_aka@hotmail.com
- Dr. Paul A. Rodell,Department of History, P.O. Box 8054, Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, Georgia 30460. email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership is open to any person interested in Third World Studies. Membership benefits include an annual subscription to Journal of Third World Studies (JTWS), the ATWS Newsletter, and an invitation to participate in the annual meeting at a reduced registration rate.
MEMBERSHIP FEE LEVELS
* $30 for student membership
* $30 for third world resident
* $30 for retiree membership
* $60 for regular membership
* $90 for husband & wife membership
* $75 for sustainer membership
* $100 for patron membership
* $150 for third world resident life membership
* $400 for individual life membership
* $600 for husband & wife life membership
* $1000 for institutional membership
We will include your name in our membership directory once we receive your membership dues. Please make checks payable to: Association of Third World studies, Inc., and send to:
Dr. Doyin Coker-Kolo
School of Education,
P.O. Box 1002,
Millersville, PA 17551
For queries: email@example.com
For submissions: see list of committee members above