Deadline: 30 June 2012
The University of New Hampshire School of Law, Concord USA in association with the National Law University, Jodhpur, India is organising the Franklin Pierce Centre for Intellectual Property Law Essay Competition, 2012. The objective of the Essay Competition is to encourage research in emerging areas in the field of intellectual property law, and accordingly, cutting edge areas have been selected for the competition.
ELIGIBILITY FOR PARTICIPATION:
1. Participation is open to all students pursuing graduation in law in any University in the Indian subcontinent (i.e. in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bhutan)
2. An essay can be authored by a maximum of two authors.
3. The essay should not be published / submitted elsewhere.
1. Concept of Invention in Patent Law
2. Compulsory Licensing-Pharmaceutical patents
3. Digital Right Management and Fair Use
1. Maximum length of essay: 5,000 words
2. Font: Times New Roman, size 12 with 1.5 line spacing
3. Uniform style of citation must be employed (preferably in Harvard Bluebook style, 18th
4. References must be cited by means of footnotes
5. The essay must mention the Author’s name and contact details
6. Submissions must be mailed to email@example.com
7. Hardcopy submission is not required.
8. Last date of submission: June 30, 2012
9. Essays found plagiarised will not be considered for evaluation.
1. First Prize: Full tuition waiver for the Intellectual Property Summer Institute at Concord,
New Hampshire and a cash prize of Rs. 15,000 (INR)
2. Second Prize: Fifty percent tuition waiver for the Intellectual Property Summer Institute
at Concord, New Hampshire & Cash Prize of Rs. 10,000 (INR)
3. Third Prize: Fifty percent tuition waiver for the Intellectual Property Summer Institute at
Concord, New Hampshire & Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000 (INR)
For queries/ submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Franklin Pierce Centre for Intellectual Property Essay Competition 2012 (Rs15,000 top prize | South Asia)
28 June 2012Franklin Pierce Centre for Intellectual Property Essay Competition 2012 (Rs15,000 top prize | South Asia)