Deadline: 20 October 2012
Sustainability is both the business challenge and the business opportunity at the beginning of the 21st century. Resilient businesses and economies will be those that adapt efficiently to and capitalize effectively on the new operating environment in which we find ourselves. This environment is marked by the realization around the world that making a profit has to go hand in hand with preserving the planet and serving people.
In Indonesia, IFC is promoting the adoption of environmental and social best practices in the private sector to help ensure a sustainable economic development. To promote public awareness of this important initiative, IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is launching a writing competition for Indonesian journalists on the theme:
“Adopting environmentally and socially sustainable practices in the private sector”
Suggestion: “Environmental and social best practices mean good business”
1. The competition is open to all print and online journalists in Indonesia.
2. Articles should be published between January 1 and October 10, 2012.
3. Articles must be original pieces of between 4,500 and 6,000 characters long.
4. Articles must not contain content that discriminate against any religion or ethnic group, and any other form of discrimination.
5. Articles have not been entered in any competition .
6. Articles must be written by one journalist.
7. Writers must send the original published article to IFC by October 20, 2012.
International Finance Corporation
Indonesia Stock Exchange Building Tower 2, 9th floor
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 52-53
Attn: Nuril Aulia Munawaroh
SUBMISSIONS MUST INCLUDE:
· The newspaper/magazine in which the article was published, or the printed online article with URL and date stamp
· Copy of the writer’s press identity card
· Writer’s e-mail, telephone number, and address
For articles that were published before June 6 2012, please inform to IFC: name of writer, title of the article, article published date, and name of the media in which the article was published
The above information must be emailed to: NMunawaroh@ifc.org, or APurnamasari@ifc.org, or NWund@ifc.org
8. Media outlets are welcome to submit as many entries as they want.
The judges’ decisions are final and cannot be overruled.
For queries: NMunawaroh@ifc.org
For submissions: International Finance Corporation, Indonesia Stock Exchange Building Tower 2, 9th floor Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 52-53, Jakarta 12190, Attn: Nuril Aulia Munawaroh