Established in 1998 by Thomson Reuters Foundation and IUCN, the Award aims to raise global awareness of environmental and sustainable development issues by encouraging high standards in environmental reporting worldwide.
The winner of the 2012 IUCN - Thomson Reuters Environmental Media Award will receive an all expenses paid trip to Jeju Island, South Korea to attend IUCN's 2012 World Conservation Congress, the world’s leading summit on the environment from 6 to 15 September 2012.
HOW TO ENTER
The 2012 IUCN -Thomson Reuters Media Award is open to journalists and writers across the world, writing for any publication, website or blog. To enter, simply submit your article on our Facebook page between 15 May and 15 June and then get your friends and colleagues to vote for you.
HOW TO VOTE
The first time you vote, you'll need to click on "Connect to vote" and then to allow the application. After that, just click on "Vote" to vote for your favourite article — you can vote once per day between 15 May and 15 June 2012.
The competition closes at 17:00 CET on 15 June 2012.The article with the most votes will be deemed the winner. IUCN reserves the right to disqualify inappropriate or offensive entries. The winner will be announced on 1 July 2012.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Any writer/blogger/journalist over the age of 18 is eligible to enter the Award.
- The competition is open to individuals only.
- To be eligible, your entry must include: (a) article title, (b) an article up to 450 words
- Each entrant may submit only one entry
- Articles may be submitted only in English.
- Only entries published or posted on-line in the Facebook page designated by IUCN, between 15 May and 15 June are eligible.
- The entry with the most “Votes” at the close of the competition at 17:00 CET on 15 June 2012 will be deemed the winner.
- IUCN and Thomson Reuters reserve the right to disqualify any entries deemed inappropriate or offensive.
- Employees of IUCN and the Thomson Reuters Foundation are not permitted to enter.
- Entrants are not permitted to submit articles published by IUCN or Thomson Reuters, but may submit their own articles previously published by other organizations/media outlets.
- The winner will be announced on Monday, 1 July 2012.
- The winner will receive an all expenses paid trip to Jeju Island, Korea to attend the IUCN World Conservation Congress from 6 to 15 September including economy airfare, hotel accommodation, daily meal allowance (all within limits established by IUCN) and media accreditation for the World Conservation Congress Forum. The prize may not be converted into cash. If the winner is unable to travel or otherwise participate in the IUCN World Conservation Congress for all or part of the period 6 to 15 September 2012, then the prize will be awarded to the second most liked article.
BY SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY YOU CONFIRM:
- That you own the copyright for your article and grant IUCN the right to use it in its publications, websites and/or in promotional material connected to this competition.
- That you own the copyright of any photograph included in your entry or have the permission of the copyright owner to use it and for IUCN to use it.
- That you accept these terms and conditions.
IUCN reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions without prior notice.
For queries: contact Gillian Eborn at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +41 (0)22 999 0233
For submissions: post your entries on the IUCN FB competition page