Open to Malaysians and foreign visitors to Malaysia of all ages, the Selangorlicious! Food Blogging Competition will run from 15 June to 15 July 2012.
TO PARTICIPATE, CONTESTANTS NEED TO FOLLOW THESE EASY STEPS:
- Go out and eat at food street stall in Selangor.
- Submit the write-up to our website, together with photos of the visit.
The competition offers an enticing array of attractive prizes.
- 1st Prize – RM5,000 cash prize
- 2nd Prize – RM3,000 cash prize
- 3rd Prize – RM2,000 cash prize
- Best Food Photography – RM1,000
- Best Write Up – RM1,000
Writeups must be between 200 to 400 words in length, written in English, Bahasa Malaysia or Mandarin. At the end of each write up, participants are required to rate the food experience.
Each writeup must be accompanied by 10 photographs (in jpeg format) of the food trip as follows:
- 2 photos of the eatery exterior
- 2 photos of the eatery interior
- 6 photos of the food served at the sitting (and/or the participants enjoying their food)
Participants must sign up for a username and password at www.selangorlicious.my. Each participant can submit as many entries as they like under the same username, or they can choose to submit multiple entries under different guises. The more important criterion is to simply have fun!
Winning entries will be sifted through a 2-step process:
Step 1: Visitors to the www.selangorlicious.my website can vote for each entry by clicking a star rating found under each entry. At the closing of the competition, entries receiving 3 stars or more will be collected and presented to a team of judges for final selection.
Step 2: The shortlisted entries will then be submitted to a jury panel, who will then choose the winners.
The judges and jury panel decisions are final.
The final date for entry submissions is 15 July 2012, after which the website will no longer accept new uploads. Judging will take place within a week, and winners will be announced 15 August 2012.
For submissions: sign up/ submit entries here