Summer has swept in with stormy weather and steamy nights. Pay tribute to the excess and decadence of Roppongi The Novel with the Cat’s Meow micro fiction contest sponsored by Tsuki Magazine. Last time you gave us brilliant 50 word gems, so we are raising the bar to 500 words! Sharpen your pencils, reveal your sultry secrets, act out your fantasies, and hang out your dirtiest laundry. Show us what you’ve got to offer for a compilation of summer guilty pleasure reading!
- Your story must contain the following elements:
- Character: At least two characters and one animal
- Conflict: An act of betrayal
- Theme: Summer nights
- Setting: Tokyo
- Required elements: A broken vinyl umbrella, the word Roppongi.
- The winning story will be printed in the August issue of Tsuki Magazine
- The winning author will receive a copy of Roppongi the Novel and a ¥5,000 gift certificate to Biscotti Tapas or gift of equivalent value (including shipping) if living outside Tokyo or Japan.
- The deadline for submission is the 15th of July (midnight).
- You must submit through the Cat’s Meow entry form.
- The stories must be in English, original, and must not have been published in the past.
- Your story must have 500 words or fewer.
- Your story must contain the required story elements in the guidelines.
- By taking part on the competition you allow Cat’s Meow & Tsuki Magazine to publish your story online or in print one time. After that we will not hold any publishing rights over the material.
- All the stories will be published on the Cat’s Meow website so please submit under the name you want published if not your legal name.
- Judging will be by Kimberly Tierney, the editorial staff of Tsuki Magazine & Nick Vasey author of Roppongi the novel.
For submissions: via the online entry form (scroll down)
Website: http://jesto.co.jp/tsukimagazine/, http://kimiecat.wordpress.com