Inspire! Scholarship provides students with the opportunity to experience a British lifestyle and study in an English classroom for a period of two weeks at the following institutions:
- Cardiff Sixth Form College – 3 Scholarships
- Casterton School – 6 Scholarships
- Gower College Swansea - 3 Scholarships
- Warminster School – 2 Scholarships
- Trinity School – 2 Scholarships
INSPIRE! SCHOLARSHIP IS DIVIDED INTO 2 AGE GROUPS:
- Students age 9-15
- Students age 16-21
- For Students aged 9-15: How important do you think technology is in Education?
- For Students aged 16-21: What do you think are the benefits of studying abroad?
CONTEST DURATION: 10 June – 16 July 2555
ELIGIBLE CONTESTANT’S QUALIFICATIONS:
• Currently studying in Thailand.
• On the announcement date of the winners, the contestant must still be registered as a student as per by Ministry of Education regulations.
• Currently living in Thailand.
• Has or capable of obtaining a passport.
• Able to travel to the United Kingdom without parents or guardians.
• Does not have a severe health or medical condition that will affect his/her study in United Kingdom.
• Contestant must be within the age group specified by the schools or the universities as listed below:
For Students aged 9-15
- Casterton School – 3 Scholarships (age 9-15)
- Warminster School – 2 Scholarships (age 9-15)
- Trinity School – 2 Scholarships (age 9-15)
For Students aged 16-21
- Cardiff Sixth Form College – 3 Scholarships (age 16-21)
- Casterton School – 3 Scholarships (age 16-21)
- Gower College Swansea – 3 Scholarships (age 16-21)
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS:
• The essay must be written in English.
• Essay must be relevant to the topic given. The content of the essay should be well-written, creative, interesting and use English language in an appropriate manner.
• Essay must be produced as a Microsoft Word Version 2003 or older document, using Arial font size 12.
• Essay length: Age range 9 – 15: 300 – 500 words/ Age range 16 – 21: 500 -1,000 words.
• The word count must be stated at the end of the essay.
• The contestant must write the essay himself/herself. The submitted essay must not have been submitted elsewhere or received awards from other competitions.
• The British Council reserves all rights to all essays submitted and shall not return the essays under any conditions.
• The decisions from the judges are considered final and cannot be appealed.
Steps to Enter Inspire! Scholarship
1. Send the entry form and the essay to British Council by 16 July 2012
2. All essays will be sent to the schools in the UK that offer the scholarship for consideration.
3. In some cases, the contestant may be asked to attend an interview at the British Council depending on the number of contestants and the qualifications.
16 scholarships will be awarded. The winners will be provided with the opportunity to experience a British lifestyle and study in an English classroom for a period of two weeks at the following institutes:
1. Cardiff Sixth Form College – 3 Scholarships
2. Casterton School – 6 Scholarships
3. Gower College Swansea – 3 Scholarships
4. Warminster School – 2 Scholarships
5. Trinity School – 2 Scholarships
The scholarship will cover tutorial and accommodation fees, meals for the duration of 2 weeks and transport to and from the airport.
SEND THE APPLICATION
Send the entry form with all information clearly filled in and the essay to:
Education UK team (at the corner of the envelope, write in brackets: ‘Inspire! Scholarship’)
254 Chulalongkorn Soi 64 Siam Square,
The date of receipt will be will be based on the date stamped on the envelope.
Scan (File: JPEG) the entry form with all information clearly filled in and the essay to: firstname.lastname@example.org (before 17.00 Thailand time on 16 July 2012). After receiving the file, a confirmation email will be sent to you.
Winners Announcement: The winners will be announced on 1 August 2012 at the website: www.britishcouncil.or.th
• All the essays submitted are considered the property of the British Council.
• Students who receive the scholarships must travel to the United Kingdom on the date advised by the school only. Exceptions can only be made if permission is granted by the school.
• Not all the scholarships need to be given if the quality of the applications does not meet the standard. All decisions of the judges are considered final.
• The scholarship cannot be exchanged for money or substituted for other products and/or services. The winner cannot transfer his/her rights to any other person under any conditions.
• The British Council reserves the right to change any details without advance notification.
• The organiser is not responsible if, for any reason, the winner is unable to use the scholarship.
• In the case that a contestant receives more than one scholarship, the decision will be made based on the schools listed on the entry form.
• The contestant is responsible for the arrangements for his/her visa and plane tickets.
• If, for whatever reason, the British Council cannot arrange the scholarship to United Kingdom as scheduled we reserve the right to postpone until the next suitable date. However, if the British Council can no longer organise the activities as planned, the contestants will received a substitute prize.
• The activity schedule in United Kingdom may alter and/or change if considered appropriate.
For queries/ submissions: email@example.com