The essay topic for Dr K. M. Munshi Essay Competition 2012 is the relevance of Mahatma Gandhi today in the context of: social responsibility OR world peace OR environment.
- 1st: - Return ticket for 1 person to Mumbai or any other major city in India (in low season airfare)
- 2nd: - A Desktop computer / laptop with MS Office software
- 3rd: - Bhavan’s books on Indian Culture worth approx $100 plus $300 in cash.
• Essay 3500-4000 words in length
• Must be typewritten, double spaced an A4 sized white paper and numbered pages.
• Name and contact details of the entrant shall be on the cover sheet only (see below) and shall not occur on the essay itself. Essays with name or identifying marks shall not be accepted.
• Entries can be mailed or e-mailed - Essay should be mailed in an A4 sized envelope.
• Must be the sole work of the student.
• Must be original, unpublished and undistributed material.
• Must be accompanied with full bibliography/reference list.
• References may be in footnotes or Harvard style (i.e. contained in body of essay).
RULES & GUIDELINES
• Entries close on 15 August 2012.
• Only 1 entry per student will be accepted.
• Eligibility: Entrants must be either Higher Secondary students or currently enrolled at an Australian university.
• Age Limit: The competition is open to students of age group 16 - 30 yrs
• Family or relatives of the Directors and office bearers of the Bhavan Australia are not eligible to enter.
• Prize announcement: Prizes will be announced on 2 October 2012.
• A cover sheet must accompany the essay and contain the following details: name, date of birth, address, telephone, email (if applicable), name and address of high school/university, student identification number (where applicable), course, and academic/school year.
• Entries will be judged by a panel, selected by the Bhavan.
• Decision of the panel shall be final.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Essay will not be returned.
- Entries will not be accepted if delivery signature is required by us to receive them.
- Entrants agree to indemnify us from and against all claims, suits, and damages based on any claim of copyright infringement or plagiarism or unauthorized use.
- Entrants authorize publication of the essay and in any other future compilation in book form and its distribution throughout the world brought out by the Bhavan.
- Paper confirmation of receipt of essay will be sent if entrants include a stamped, self-addressed postcard or envelope. If you submit your essay online, an e-mail reply will acknowledge receipt of your entry
- Entrants must have read the Terms & Conditions of Entry and understand that the Terms & Conditions of Entry are part of this agreement and agree to such Terms & Conditions of Entry.
ALL MAIL MUST BE ADDRESSED TO:
Essay Contest - Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Australia
GPO BOX 4018, Sydney NSW 2001
Tel: 1300 BHAVAN Fax: 02 9267 9005
For queries/ submissions: email@example.com