Calling all young storytellers, share your tales with us and have a chance to win £2,500 and see your words published.
Inspiring, encouraging and acknowledging the creativity of young people is a common goal for IGGY and Litro Magazine. Therefore we have come together to once again run the Litro & IGGY International Young Person’s Short Story Award open to all young people from around the world aged 11-19.
This year we're looking for short stories with an international theme.
In addition to a cash prize of £2,500 the winner will be published in the free short story and poetry magazine Litro and will see excerpts of their work displayed on a poster in a London Underground station.
- Entries open: 7 March 2012
- Closing date: 24 July 2012
- Longlist announced: 5 September 2012
- Shortlist announced: 14 September 2012
- Winner announced: October 2012
- be no more than 3,000 words in length
- have an international theme
- be submitted by 24 July 2012
- submitted using the online form here
Terms and Conditions of Entry 2012
- Entrants can write in any genre.
- The length of each story must not exceed 3000 words.
- The winner of the Litro and IGGY International Short story competition will receive £2,500.
- The closing date for all entries is 11.59pm (GMT) 24th July 2012.
- There is no entry fee.
- Submissions should be made online on the IGGY website (I’ll add the url when the submission form is set up).
- The copyright of any story submitted to the Litro and IGGY International Short Story Competition will remain with Litro and IGGY. The submission of a story is done with the understanding that Litro Magazine and IGGY has the right to copy and distribute the story in the Litro magazine, Litro online, IGGY and University of Warwick websites as well other platforms.
- Entrants must be aged between 11- 19 on the date of the entry.
Disclaimer: Due to the expected volume of entries, IGGY and Litro are unable to offer individual feedback to entrants. The decision of the judges is final.
For inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions: submit via the online form here