The Cesar Egido Serrano Foundation announces the III Edition of the International Flash Fiction Competition “Museum of Words”.
- The prize of $20,000 goes to the winning story. There will be three consolation prizes of $1,000 each.
- In the Second Edition, 14.253 writers from 89 countries participated in the contest.
- In addition to Spanish, flash fiction may be submitted in English, Arabic, and Hebrew.
The call is part of the activities that the Foundation carries out to achieve its objectives. One of the goals of the Foundation is to unite peoples by using words, thus the slogan "words are the bond of humankind".
In this competition (like in the previous editions), short stories may be submitted in Spanish, English, Arabic and Hebrew. The foundation is expecting to exceed the level of participation last year where 14,253 writers from 89 countries entered.
- Two submissions per author. Theme is free. Submissions should be written in any of the following languages: Hebrew, English, Arabic, or Spanish.
- $20,000 will be awarded to the best flash fiction written in any language authorized in the contest.
- $1,000 will be awarded to three runners up for the best stories in the languages supported in the competition.
- The flash fiction may not exceed 100 words. They should be submitted by filling in the participation form that can be found on the website.
- The texts must be original and unpublished in any form (paper, blog, electronic publication, etc.) and must have not won in any other contest.
- The competition will end on November 23rd, 2012 GMT+1 on the International Day of Words as a Bond of Humankind.
- The jury will select the finalists. The list of finalists will be published on the website of the Fundación César Egido Serrano.
- The final decision of the jury will be made public in the year 2013.
- The César Egido Serrano Foundation reserves the right to publish the finalists' stories.
- The decision of the jury is final.
- Authors failing to comply with any of the rules will be disqualified.
For queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions: via the online participation form
Website: http://www.museodelapalabra.com, http://www.fundacioncesaregidoserrano.com