The Proposal Writer will conduct research and writing related to funding proposals on behalf of IRI’s local implementing partners. This position will be responsible for developing and meeting fundraising goals, including preparing grant proposals, budgets, reports, and tracking submission/reporting deadlines.
- Find research grant opportunities
- Draft grant proposals
- Create and maintain a list of potential donors and their funding preferences as well as deadlines or proposal submissions; track progress of proposals, submission dates, amounts, etc.
- Collect and synthesize data from local implementing partners
- Develop multiple narrative and cost proposals simultaneously
- 2-3 years prior grant proposal writing experience
- Fluency in English and Dari
- Undergraduate degree or higher
- Proven writing, editing, research and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- A quick-learner, self-motivated and independent worker
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Internet research, etc.)
- Ability to within Kabul
Please e-mail your CV and an English writing sample (preferably a previously submitted funding proposal) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must be able to provide documentation of Afghanistan employment eligibility.
For queries/ submissions: email@example.com