SUB-EDITOR (FULL-TIME OR FREELANCE)
You will be responsible for subbing news and pricing reports as well as related products to ensure they read well, are factually accurate, comply with legal requirements and house style, are free of literals and are grammatically correct. You will work with the editorial and subbing teams in Singapore and abroad to help provide global 24-hour subbing coverage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with editorial and subbing teams in Singapore and abroad to ensure a smooth-running operation.
- Sub news, pricing reports and related products to ensure they meet the company’s standards for accuracy, speed and quality.
- Ensure all copy is fit for the web.
- Provide guidance, coaching and constructive feedback to the editorial teams in order to maintain high standards.
- Ensure that the Style Guide is followed.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Lay out pages as required.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Strong editing skills
- Willingness to work in shifts and on public holidays
- Sub quickly while maintaining accuracy
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Good communication and time management skills
- Proven track record in subbing for the web
- Adobe InDesign preferred
- Annual, medical and hospitalisation leave
- Medical and dental schemes
- Insurance coverage
- Overseas business trips
Applicants must have demonstrable work experience in sub-editing. Those already residing in Singapore are preferred. Please submit a detailed CV via email to email@example.com, indicating your current and expected salaries. Please also tell us if you prefer a full-time or freelance position as both opportunities are available. Only fresh applications will be considered.
For queries/ submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org