Aletterfromtheheartcontest.com is hosting the 19th annual Maruoka-cho Cultural Foundation writing contest. The purpose is to foster stronger cultural ties between the United States and Japan.
The contest was started in memory of a samurai warrior who etched an epic message to his family on the castle wall in Maruoka-cho during the heat of a 16th century battle.
Entrants will write 25 words or less in English on the topic of "Arigatou". $500 cash prizes, NEC electronics (tablets, etc.) will be awarded and winners will have their entries published in a book.
- Entries must be 25 words or less in English.
- Contestants must be from or living in the United States.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry.
- All entries become the intellectual property of the Maruoka-cho Cultural Foundation and entrants grant the Foundation the right to freely publish and promote their work.
- Winning entrants will be notified of their status in the first part of 2013.
- Entries will be accepted until December 31st, 2012 at midnight.
For submissions: via the contest entry form