Shoot the action, capture the drama and win cash prizes! Join the 36th National MILO® Marathon media photo and writing contest for a chance to win cash prizes! The photo and writing contest is open to all accredited media photographers and journalists*. To qualify, entries must be taken or written during the 36th National MILO® Marathon Metro Manila Eliminations and the National Finals in Manila.
THEME: 36th National MILO® Marathon: Iba’t ibang hinahabol, iisang takbuhan.
EVENT DATE AND CONTEST DEADLINES
- Manila Eliminations: July 29, 2012
- Deadline: August 15, 2012
- Manila Finals: December 09, 2012
- Deadline: December 21, 2012
NOTE: Contest strictly for sports writers and photographers under legitimate publications with regular circulation.
- Entries must be aligned to theme “36th National MILO® Marathon: Iba’t ibang hinahabol, iisang takbuhan.”
- To qualify, entries must be written or shot (photography) during the indicated dates above.
- Entries must be published within the time frame given.
- Contestants MUST be present during the actual events. Only registered participants will be allowed to join and whose entry/entries will be considered.
- The contest is strictly for sports writers and photographers under legitimate publications with regular circulation.
- An independent panel of experts in the field of photography and journalism will be judging the entries to ensure impartiality.
- There will be 2 language categories for the writing contest: English and Filipino—each category will have a separate set of winners. The top 3 entries will be awarded the cash prizes.
- Participants may submit as many entries in both categories but may win only once in each category.
- Submitted entries MUST follow the criteria and format below.
- All winning entries become the property of Nestlé Philippines, Inc., which reserves the right to use the photos without any liability whatsoever.
PHOTO CONTEST ENTRY SPECIFICATIONS:
- Format: printed on 8x10
- Mounted on 1/2 illustration board
- Digital copies/ negatives of photo must be copied to a CD/ DVD and submitted together with the entry
PHOTO CONTEST JUDGING CRITERIA:
- Relevance to theme: 20%
- Composition: 20%
- Creativity: 30%
- Technical quality: 20%
- Overall impression: 10%
WRITING CONTEST ENTRY SPECIFICATIONS:
- No minimum or maximum word limit
- Can be submitted in English or Filipino
- Can be in feature or news format
WRITING CONTEST JUDGING CRITERIA:
- Relevance to theme: 20%
- Content: 40%
- Style/ composition: 20%
- Overall impression: 20%
Winners of the writing contest are entitled to the ff. prizes:
- English Category: P10,000 for first place, P8,000 for second place, and P5,000 for third place
- Filipino Category: P10,000 for first place, P8,000 for second place, and P5,000 for third place
Winners of the photo contest are entitled to the ff. prizes: P12,000 for first place, P8,000 for second place, P6,000 for third place, and P3,000 for consolation
Editors of the winning entries will receive the same prizes.
- Winning entries submitted for the Manila elimination leg will be announced via SMS and/or email on August 22, 2012. Prizes can be claimed from August 23 – 27, 2012 from 9AM-5PM.
- Winning entries submitted for the National MILO Marathion finals leg will be announced via SMS and/or email on January 4, 2013. Prizes can be claimed from January 7 – 9, 2013 FROM 9AM-5PM.
- Prizes can be claimed at Strategic Edge Inc. 5th Floor Emmanuel House, 115 Aguirre St. Legaspi Village,
- When claiming the prize, winners must present their press ID and sign the acknowledgement receipt. Proxies can claim prizes on behalf of the winner, but must present a valid ID and an authorization letter from the winner. No ID / authorization letter, no cash prize.
For queries: contact Alexys Delgado or Camila Calizo at 892-0247 / 50 or email@example.com
For submissions: send all entries to Alexys Delgado/ Camila Calizo/ Jinny Jacaria, Strategic Edge Inc. 5th Floor Emmanuel House, 115 Aguirre St. Legaspi Village, Makati City