Delhi University Library System is organizing a half day Author's Workshop on Thursday 23rd August, 2012 in collaboration with Springer (India) Pvt. Ltd. at Conference Center, University of Delhi, Delhi. It will be a half day event in the forenoon. The Workshop will focus on topics such as how non native-English authors can overcome the language barrier, provide a representative and attractive title, write abstracts and compose the covering letter for the publisher including publication ethics and how to handle peer review comments etc. This workshop will be beneficial for all faculty members and researchers interested and involved in getting their research published in world wide renowned publications. It will also enable them to exchange ideas globally and accomplishing recognition in the scientific publishing space.
THE WORKSHOP AGENDA TYPICALLY CONSISTS OF THREE PARTS:
- Research and Scientific Publishing: Chances and Opportunities for Researchers in India - An introductory talk about India�s achievements in research over the years and how these achievements can be further enhanced by the continued development of international scientific publications led by regional researchers.
- How to Write for and Get Published in Scientific Journals and Publish Manuscripts - In addition to practical advice for successful publication, this module presented by Edanz will instill a sense of professionalism and international standards for scientific communication. It will be useful for anyone involved with English-language scientific communication, with a focus on providing young scientists with the skills needed for publication success.
- Author Services: Support When You Publish With Springer - How does Springer assist its authors in their publication endeavors? Tools that help before, during and after publication take center stage in this talk. Springer also highlights in the workshop, the benefits to authors when they publish their book manuscripts with Springer, as we offer a variety of publication types, all in multiple online and print formats
WORKSHOP SPEAKER: Dr. Warren Raye was previously a Research Fellow and Lecturer at Monash University (Australia) in the fast-changing field of Stem Cell Biology. Dr. Raye began working with Edanz Group in 2009, and in 2010 moved to the Fukuoka office as Senior Life Sciences Editor. Edanz Group is an editing and publishing services company and has developed a series of lectures and seminars designed to help authors to write quality manuscripts that will be attractive to SCI indexed journals. Dr. Raye conducts workshops around the world for authors whose first language is not English, to improve their manuscript writing. His workshops focus on providing scientists with the skills needed for publication success.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: The workshop content is specifically designed for authors. The following group of scholars interested in writing and publishing manuscripts and journal articles will find the workshop suitable.
- Faculty Members from Sciences, Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities.
- Research Scholars from Sciences, Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities.
- All other Scholars engaged in research and publication from University of Delhi.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Please contact Mr. Rajesh Singh, Deputy Librarian in the Central Library and register your name with him latest by Thursday, 15th August, 2012 so that we are able to make necessary arrangements and formally invite you for the program. Kindly leave your consent with Mr. Rajesh Singh, Deputy Librarian, Central Library, or mail the consent form at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that since we have limited number of seats for this program, it will be purely on first come first serve basis.
Download: consent form
For queries: email@example.com