The Muslim Writers Awards is back, and this year it's bigger than ever! With more prizes and partners, this year's ceremonies and host of events will be form the Muslim Writers Awards Festival, making it the largest Muslim writing event in the world!
The Young Muslim Writers Awards 2012 is calling submissions from under 16 writers for the following categories:
- Short Story Key Stage 1
- Short Story Key Stage 2
- Short Story Key Stage 3
- Short Story Key Stage 4
- Poetry Key Stage 1
- Poetry Key Stage 2
- Poetry Key Stage 3
- Poetry Key Stage 4
Email submissions will not be accepted. Closing date is 20th July 2012.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- All submissions must be in the English language.
- All entrants must be original and the authors own unaided work.
- All submission should be typed, in a Word document format, double spaced, and in size 12 Times New Roman or Arial fonts with numbered pages.
- Entrants can only submit one entry for the 'Short Story' category, and up to three poems in the 'Poetry' category.
- The name of the author must not appear anywhere on the document.
- Once received, entries cannot be subsequently amended.
- Submissions will not be accepted after midnight on Friday 20th July 2012.
- The decisions of the judging panel are final and binding, and Muslim Writers Awards will not enter into correspondence or negotiation about the results.
- Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony which is scheduled to be held in November 2012. More details will be available closer to the time.
- Details of winners will be made available on the Muslim Writers Awards website after the Awards ceremony.
- Each winner will agree to take part in publicity for the promotion of the Awards which will include ‐ but is not restricted to‐ his/her name and photograph being used. Writers will not receive payment for this.
- Winning entries may be published in the Muslim Writers Awards Anthology. Winners will retain the copyright to their work but grant Muslim Writers Awards the right to publish their work in the anthology and excerpts on the Muslim Writers Awards website.
- Submissions must not infringe any copyright or contain defamatory or otherwise unlawful matter.
- All entrants agree to have their email address added to the MWA mailing list.
- The submission of an entry will be deemed to imply the unqualified acceptance of these conditions of entry.
For queries: email@example.com
For submissions: via submittable