To celebrate United Planet Day, we hold a contest every year to seek written submissions that exemplify our mission from all world community members and friends. Deadline for submissions is Thursday, 9/6/12 at 11:59 pm EST. Finalists will be announced and voting will be open to the public for the grand prize starting the following week. Winners will be announced on United Planet Day (9/22/12).
Who is Eligible: Anyone can enter our United Planet Day Writing Contest!
How to Enter:
- Email your entries with the subject: UP Day Contest Your Name
- Following the requirements/guidelines below, attach your media and submit.
- If you have questions, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give us a call 800.292.2316. To find out how you can celebrate with us in other ways, please read more about United Planet Day.
- With entry of submissions, all contestants hand over their copyright interests to United Planet. United Planet reserves the right to use any submitted materials for promotional purposes. This includes sites we promote on such as Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, etc. Also, please be advised, contestants may only submit work that is their own original material.
- Submissions are due by September 6th, 2012 at 11:59 EST**
Examples for the written portion can include any fiction, creative non-fiction, or poetry piece inspired by past volunteer Quests, community service, travel experiences, or other personal interactions that deal with the subject of intercommunication and friendship.
- One grand prize winner and one runner-up will be chosen.
- The grand prize is a choice of either one United Planet Volunteer Abroad Quest for up to two weeks to selected short-term locations around the world (valued up to $2000; airfare not included); or $300.
- The prize for the runner-up winner will be $150 and a United Planet T-shirt.
- The winning pieces will also be published on United Planet's website and in an upcoming newsletter!!!
- Each contestant may enter one submission for the written portion.
- The maximum length for a written submission is 2500 words. Examples include any fiction, creative non-fiction, or poetry piece inspired by volunteer work, community service, travel experiences, or other personal interactions that deal with the subject of intercommunication and friendship.
- At the end of your written submission, please give a brief description about yourself. Include your full name, full address, telephone number, and email address in the top right hand corner of your submission.
- Language: Submissions may be made in any language as long as the English translation is provided with it.
For queries/ submissions: email@example.com