WEYA and Writing East Midlands, the literature commissioning partner, are looking for poems from UK and international writers. Send us your poems inspired by the word TREATY and they could end up animating the city during the World Event Young Artists festival.
- Theme: Treaty
- Line limit: 25 lines
- No entry fee
- Judges: Julia Bird (poet and live literature producer) and Henderson Mullin (Chief Executive of Writing East Midlands)
To enter, email your poem (in the body of an email, no attachments) to email@example.com by 12 noon UK time on Friday 24th August. Please make the subject of your email the title of your poem. Please include your name, and a contact phone number if you’re in the UK
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Poems which do not fulfill the above criteria will not be considered.
- All poems must be the original work of the entrant.
- Individuals may enter up to three poems on three separate emails, although they can only win once.
- Copyright will remain with the winning poets, although WEYA and Writing East Midlands retain the right to reproduce the poems physically and digitally until 31/12/2015. If a poet wishes to publish his / her winning poem in the future, s/he will need to acknowledge WEYA and Writing East Midlands.
- Poems must not have been published or accepted for publication elsewhere, in print or online.
- The judges cannot acknowledge submission.
- The judges decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The judges reserve the right to award fewer than 10 winning places if necessary.
For queries/ submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: http://worldeventyoungartists.com/, http://www.writingeastmidlands.co.uk/