EKansh Trust, Pune, announces India’s first Short Story Writing competition [Marathi] for People with Visual Impairments
Most literary works available to the Visually Impaired today are those of sighted people translated into Braille or Audio versions.These stories contain many visual references. Descriptions and definitions are often based on visual inputs.
In the world of the blind, however, a beautiful flower would be one that is fragrant…a beautiful fabric, one that feels soft to the touch.
It is important that we have a literary bank of stories conceived and authored by the Visually Impaired that they can empathize with and fully enjoy.
For the sighted, this would mean an opportunity to enter and understand an entirely new realm.
- The author has to be above 18 years of age.
- The story must be in Marathi only.
- Maximum number of words is 1000 [One thousand].
- Minimum usage of Visual References [blue, dark, etc].
- The story must be original and not a copy, translation or adaptation of any other author’s work.
- The author may use an assistant to write/type the story or
- record it on an audio CD. Only clearly typed/written/recorded stories will be entertained.
- Entries in Braille must be accompanied by a written/typed /audio recorded version.
- Only one story per participant.
- All entries must be accompanied by the participant’s disability certificate and the participation form.
- Important: Only one story per participant will be entertained. Personal visits and inquiries will lead to disqualification
AWARDS: Entries will be judged by a qualified and prominent panel of experts
- 1st Prize: Rupees 10,000/-
- 2nd Prize: Rupees 8000/-
- 3rd Prize: Rupees 5000/-
- 5 consolation prizes of Rupees 2000/- each
- Last date of submission of stories: Now extended to 18th August, 2012
- Prizes to be announced on 25th August, 2012.
- Award Ceremony on 1st September 2012
Please mail your entries to:
EKansh Trust, Pune,
C/O Bal Kalyan Sanstha,
Near Raj Bhavan, Ganeshkhind Road, Pune.
FORM: The author must send us the following information with the disability certificate and story.
- Telephone number:
- Email address:
- Age [Date of Birth]:
- Name of Story:
- Name of Assistant writer/reader:
I hereby declare that this story is my own and not a copy/adaptation/translation of any other story.
Signature / thumb print of author ………………….
For submissions: Mail your entries to Ekansh Trust, Pune, c/o Bal Kalyan Sanstha, Near Raj Bhavan, Ganeshkhind Road, Pune