To celebrate the Teacher’s Day, the Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies has organized a National Level Essay Competition for Students on the theme “Current Issues in Indian Society”.
Indian society is multifaceted to an extent perhaps unknown in any other of the world's great civilizations. Virtually no generalization made about Indian society is valid for all of the nation's multifarious groups. Comprehending the complexities of Indian social structure has challenged scholars and other observers over many decades. This Essay Competition concentrates on socio-political issues and a tribute to Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan (1888-1975) an academic, philosopher, and statesman and was one of the most recognized and influential Indian thinkers in academic circles in the 20th century. This Essay Competition provides an opportunity to think over some basic concepts of Indian society as well as motivate students to find out solution for future.
- The Concept of Peace and Globalization in Indian Culture
- Students’ participation in Socio-Political Issues
- Women in 21st Century: Issues and Future Perspectives
- Teacher-Student Relationship: An Indian Outlook
- Need of Spiritualistic Outlook in Human Life
- Effect of Westernization on Indian Society
- Dalit-Discrimination in Indian Culture and Indian Scriptures
- Reservation Policy as a Socio-Political Issue
- Will India ever leave the Caste-Discrimination issue in upcoming years?
- Philosophy of Liberation with Special reference to Dalits
PROCEDURE: Essays between 1500-2000 words, neatly written or typed in Hindi or English language, reached to the undersigned by 5th September, 2012.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION: Selected candidate will be provided a merit certificate with a prize and essay will be published in an online publication of the Centre.
Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal
Department of Philosophy,
P.G.Govt. College for Girls,
Sector-11, Chandigarh (India)
Tel 09896848775, 08968544048
For queries/ submissions: email@example.com