For the first time, a new blogging program, Blog Camp in F/T, will be held during Festival/Tokyo, inviting young cultural bloggers to follow this festival from October 27 to November 25, 2012. Young journalists, critics, bloggers, researchers, artists, or anyone keen on learning more about the contemporary theatre landscape is welcome to join the team.
The bloggers will participate in weekly editorial discussions, lectures by guest journalists and critics, open campus events with F/T artists, and regularly attend Festival/Tokyo performances to write blog posts. The participants are expected to produce at least 5 articles, as well as take a proactive part in the project program. The project attempts to approach the respective performances from socio-cultural perspectives deeply intertwined with contemporary society. The participants of the Blog Camp are therefore encouraged to address the performances not only in terms of aesthetic taste, but also critically, analytically, and creatively.
- Aged between 18 and 28
- High writing ability in Japanese or English
- Intelligently engaged in contemporary theatre, dance, and/ or art
- Good communication skills
- Residing within commutable distance during the festival
- Experience in cultural blogging and/or writing is favorable
Applicants must send in a short essay titled 'Performing Arts Reflecting Society' elaborating on a performance of their choice, explaining why they have chosen that particular performance, and analyzing how that particular performance is socio-culturally relative in our contemporary society. The essay should be approximately 400 words and sent, along with a resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9,000 JPY (to cover operating costs)
- Participants will receive 5 complimentary tickets to chosen Festival/Tokyo 2012 performance.
- Deadline for applications: Thursday, September 6
- Announcement of first-round selected applicants: Monday, September 10
- Interview: Sunday, September 16 in Tokyo (venue will be notified to interviewees via email)
- Final decision of around 15 participants will be announced in the last week of September
For queries/ submissions: email@example.com