ASSISTANT EDITOR: The Assistant Editor is responsible for helping in overseeing allkpop’s editorial content and community. You will report directly to the VP of Content and be responsible for providing assistance to the COO. As such, the editor will write and edit content being published during our office hours [Monday - Friday from 10am to 7pm Eastern Standard Time]. You will also work with the senior staff and come up with various creative content. This is a fully compensated position with salary, options for health insurance and other benefits.
- Produce original and translated content on a daily basis.
- Responsible for copy-editing all news content on our web properties during assigned hours, must ensure all news is published in a timely manner.
- Assist in creating and determining new content and features.
- Work closely with writers on story assignments, including preliminary research, assistance with sources, and revisions.
- Bachelors degree in Journalism or related field.
- Exceptional writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional grammar, spelling, flow, and vocabulary.
- Candidate must be fluent in Korean and English, Japanese is a plus.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast- paced environment.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Self-starter with high motivation and self-initiative.
- Experience working with content management system – WordPress.
- Experience with photo-editing tools is a plus.
- High-level knowledge of Social Media.
- Experience working for a large publication is a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML is a plus.
For queries/ submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org