Sundress Publications are now accepting nominations of poetry and short fiction to be included in the 2012 Best of the Net Anthology. This project continues to promote the diverse and growing collection of voices that are publishing their work online, a venue that still sees little respect from such yearly anthologies as the Pushcart and Best American series. This collection serves to bring greater respect to an innovative and continually expanding medium in the same medium in which it is published.
Submission period open from July 1st to September 30th each year. 2012 judges will be announced in the fall.
2012 SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Submissions must come from the editor of the publication (journal, chapbook, online press, etc), or, if the work is self-published, it must be sent by the author.
- The journal must appear solely online (though print Best Of editions are acceptable).
- The poem, story, or essay must have been first published or appeared on the web between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012.
- Each entry may include up to six poems, two stories, and two works of creative nonfiction for consideration.
- Submissions should include both the URL of the poem, story, or essay as well as a full text version in a Word or RTF document.
- All submissions must include the author's name and email address as well as the name, contact info, and URL of the journal.
- Submissions must be sent via email to email@example.com.
- Submissions must be sent between July 1st and September 30th, 2012.
All participating journals or presses will receive a link from the site when the issue is released regardless of whether their submissions were chosen. A complete list of finalists will also be published.
We are also pleased to announce that this year will mark the first year that we will also be publishing an e-book of the anthology as a compendium to our online anthology! Don't worry though; as always, the anthology will be completely free to our readers, as internet writing was always intended to be!
For queries/ submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org