TMT is giving an opportunity to all the super-talented writers to write for their exclusive “For Her” column. The column, which began in June, was officially launched on August 3, 2012 by Datin Alissa Fitri Hisham, Vice-President of the Malaysian Chopin Association. “For Her” is dedicated to all those gorgeous, fun and vivacious women who want to be the best in what they do and how they look! It features articles on style, health, love, life, career and trends written by TMT fashion experts.
The contest commenced on August 3, 2012, the day of the official launch and will be on for next 6 months. Whether you are a fashion or journalism student or a fitness freak or you just have an eye for hottest trends, all you need to do is simply email your article to the e-mail address below with the subject- “TMT Fashion journo hunt” and we’ll get in touch with you if you are successful.
A team of TMT experts will choose the best article out of the lot. The winner will be announced on the 3rd of every month. Apart from having their articles published, the winners will also receive perfumes, cosmetic sets and handbags/wallets from selected brands.
The best article will be selected on the basis of how interesting and fresh the article is. The write- ups should combine information (verified) with entertainment value. They should be witty and something the general public can relate to. The articles should most definitely be filled with new and exciting information on topics that will be popular amongst our audience. As “For Her” column is dedicated to the women of tomorrow, the articles submitted should be related to our theme.
Everyone and anyone, be it male or female can send in their entries. Guys can write “their point of view” on topics related to girls.
The following are some guidelines for the writers:
- The articles must be in English.
- We suggest you to go through our “For Her” column so as to get familiar with the style and type of articles we publish.
- Make sure to adhere to the word limit- 500-800 words.
- The articles should focus on high-end fashion, style, health, love-life, career, beauty tips and relationships.
- Kindly search past articles before deciding your topic to be sure the article you are planning to write on has not been written in the past.
- Refer the sources you have used in your article.
- Edit before submitting your article to be sure it is grammatically correct and free of errors.
For queries: feel free to call The Malaysian Times office at +603-20958588, +603-20950084 between 0930 hrs-1800 hrs
For submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org