This month, as the city turns another year older, Writing the City wishes all writers a Happy 47th! Look back at the city’s past and craft a story surrounding a moment in the history of this city.
Use this theme to write a piece on the time, place and people of the city. Explore how one is connected to the other, a city’s natural influence on the characters who walk its streets and live in its homes.
Write in any genre of your choosing as long as it is based on this theme. Our judges will be looking out for pieces that use the chosen historical backdrop to artfully mould its characters.
WINNERS WILL RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING PRIZES:
- First Prize: $120 Kinokuniya Book Voucher
- 2 runners up will receive London 2012 Olympic notebooks
Please make sure that you pay close attention to following all the rules and instructions below when entering the Competition:
- All Poetry entries must be no longer than 30 lines
- The maximum word limit is 650 words. There is no minimum word limit
- All entries must follow our Posting Guidelines, except regarding length
- The deadline for entries is 30 August 2012
For submissions: sign up here and post your entries by clicking on WRITE and ticking Happy 47! in the categories