Are you an early or mid-career journalist interested in health and development issues? Are you keen to understand the impact of TB in India and explore relevant TB stories?
Local-language journalists in India are encouraged to apply for the 2012 REACH Lilly MDR-TB Partnership Media Fellowship.
- Print journalists working for any local language publication in India (i.e other than English) are eligible to apply to the REACH Lilly MDR-TB Partnership Media Fellowship programme.
- Interested journalists must submit a completed application form, an updated CV and copies of previous stories on health issues by 20 October 2012.
- The Fellowship is intended for journalists to specifically explore TB-related issues.
- All applications must have the permission of their Editors/ Managers to participate in the programme.
- Freelance journalists are welcome to apply provided they have written consent from an Editor/Manager.
- In 2012, REACH will award a maximum of 10 Fellowships; each Fellow will receive Rs 25000 as support towards related travel and research expenses.
- All Fellows must attend a two-day orientation programme in Chennai on 30 November and 1 December 2012. Travel and accommodation costs will be borne by REACH.
- Fellows must produce a minimum of three in-depth, feature-length, well-researched stories on TB within a period of three months, between December 2012 and February 2013. Stories must be published by the end of February 2013.
- The copyright for all published stories will remain with the individual/newspaper group and not REACH or The Lilly MDR-TB Partnership.
- However, REACH reserves the right to post and share all published stories on relevant websites and blogs.
- REACH reserves the right to not award any fellowships if applications do not meet a basic minimum standard.
- All decisions taken by REACH will be final and no appeal is possible.
- Researching the stories and ensuring the accuracy of all information;
- Setting up and conducting the interviews for all stories;
- Ensuring the publication of all three stories.
- Offer any help Fellows may want with story ideas, research, planning or identifying resource persons/interviewees;
- Link Fellows with relevant organisations in their respective local areas.
- This completed application form (including your editor/manager’s signature);
- Your updated CV or resume;
- Copies of at least two previously published stories on TB or other health issues. These can be in any language, but must have been published by a newspaper.
Download: application form
For queries: call REACH at (0) 9791017202
For submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org