The IWA is pleased to announce its IWA 4th Annual Islamic Fiction (IF) Stories Contest - 2012. This year’s theme is open to any genre and topic of the participant’s choosing. All Islamic Fiction (IF) stories must conform to the following general guidelines. IF Stories that do not adhere to these standards will be automatically disqualified from the competition.
- IF stories must be Islamic in nature
- There is no theme for the IF Story contest. The story may be of any genre, including but not limited to, adventure, comic, crime, detective, fantasy, family historical fiction, mystery, romance, thriller, western
- Cannot exceed 2,500 words in length
- Cannot include any graphics or illustrations accompanying or inserted within the story.
- The contest has 3 categories of submission, 1st and 2nd place winners for each category:
- Islamic Writers Alliance Members
- Adults – writers 18 years and older who are not members of IWA
- Youth – writers between the ages of 13 and 17.
- Maximum of 1 submission per individual
- Entries that have won previously cannot be resubmitted
- Your IF Story will only be accepted as an attachment in Microsoft Word or as a PDF.
- Must be submitted via email
- Must be submitted to Balqees Mohammed
- All entries must include author’s legal name, category, email address, mailing address, phone number and title of the IF story
- An IF Story submitted by youth aged 13-17 years must also include a statement in the submission email from a parent or legal guardian authorizing the IWA’s public use of the story on the IWA website
- Teachers may submit ‘class’ IF stories as individual submissions from one school
- All IF Stories are the legal property of the writer
- IWA retains the right to disqualify and reject submissions deemed inappropriate
1st place winners will receive a cash award, award certificate, gift certificate, and have their story published in the quarterly IWA Magazine. 2nd place winners will receive a gift certificate sponsored by Muslim Writers Publishing.
For queries/ submissions: email@example.com