The U.S. Embassy in Manila is seeking an individual for the position of Emerging Media Outreach Assistant in the Public Affairs Section (PAS).
- POSITION: Emerging Media Outreach Assistant, LES-8; FP-6 (This position is budgeted for the Local Compensation Plan)
- WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
- SALARY: P 451,185 per annum (Starting salary)
- NOTE: All ordinarily resident (or) applicants (see appendix A) must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
All applicants must address such selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Completion of a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Education, English, Journalism, Political Science or Business Administration is required.
- Two (2) years experience in web content planning, creation, management, and analytics is required. Writing and editing background in IT and/or journalism, and experience with online social media engagement are required.
- Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and Tagalog is required.
- Ability to use photo editing software, advanced knowledge of HTML and content management systems, and strong writing and editing skills are required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the appropriate security clearance.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174); OR
- A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1-24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; OR
- A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix below for more information); PLUS
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans Preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans Preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- All Ordinarily Resident (OR) applicants must submit a copy of proof of their work and/or residency permits with their application to be eligible for consideration (e.g. Alien Certificate of Registration, Immigrant Certificate of Registration).
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Human Resources Office
New Office Annex Building,
United States Embassy
1201 Roxas Blvd, Manila
Telephone: (632) 301-2000 ext. 2251
Fax: (632) 301-2399, Attention: HR Office-(Indicate Vacancy Announcement Number)
or by e-mail.
The U.S. Mission in Manila provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation.
Download: announcement and appendix
For queries: email@example.com
For submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org (Indicate Vacancy Announcement Number 2012-112 in the subject. Please send as Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF, or JPEG attachment)