JOB DESCRIPTION - EDITOR:
- Edit copy to improve readability before the content goes to client. Both development and copy editing.
- Guide junior writers
- Proof read and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Check facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources
- Co-ordinate with graphic design to ensure that all parameters of layout are followed, including consistency in leading, font size and placement of photos and captions, and that deadlines are met.
- Review and approve proofs submitted by the graphic design prior to sending final to client or publication production.
- Excellent written English, including good spelling and grammar
- Conversant with technology
- An eye for detail and an organized and meticulous approach to work
- The ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- A love of and feel for the English language
- Ability to focus on copy that that could be lengthy or dull
- At least five years experience as a copy editor
For queries/ submissions: email@example.com