- Ideal candidates are native English speakers with strong critical thinking skills, sound judgment, very good Internet research capabilities, at least five years of editing, technical writing, or related experience, and significant Middle East/South Asia regional/cultural expertise.
- The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of English-language grammar rules/editing principals, bachelor’s degree or higher, and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Applicants must take and pass an editorial test to qualify.
Please attach a detailed resume, including full name, residence address, e-mail address, phone number, citizenship, and full work history/professional experience.
- Typical education and experience: Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of related experience.
- Minimum required qualifications: English fluency and strong knowledge of English language grammar rules and editing principles
- Additional desired qualifications: Previous experience working in media (e.g., radio, TV, newspaper, press agency) and a working knowledge of Arabic, Farsi, Pashto, or Urdu is highly desirable. Experienced in managing and supervising linguists; Working knowledge of target language; Experience in effectively performing staff-level work in a time-sensitive environment and working multiple actions simultaneously; Ability to communicate effectively; Ability to discern information of value and write an abstract in a succinct, understandable format; Ability to interact effectively in a multicultural environment.
For submissions: apply via SAIC's job site