We are happy to announce the second annual Norton Anthology Student Recitation Contest!
Between September 15 and November 1, college and high school students worldwide are invited to submit an original video recitation of one of the six works listed below:
- "Speech to the Troops at Tilbury" by Elizabeth I (The Norton Anthology of English Literature)
- "Annabel Lee" by Edgar Allan Poe (The Norton Anthology of American Literature)
- "If—" by Rudyard Kipling (The Norton Anthology of English Literature)
- "We Wear the Mask" by Paul Laurence Dunbar (The Norton Anthology of American Literature)
- Sonnet 116 ("Let me not to the marriage of true minds") by William Shakespeare (The Norton Anthology of English Literature and The Norton Anthology of World Literature)
- [A Bird, came down the Walk-] by Emily Dickinson (The Norton Anthology of American Literature and The Norton Anthology of World Literature)
WHO CAN ENTER: The contest is open to college and high school students worldwide. Employees of Norton and their children are not eligible, nor are the children of Norton authors.
TO ENTER: Please email video submissions between September 15, 2012, and November 1, 2012. To be considered, videos must be sent as links to online uploads (like YouTube links).
Along with the video, please send the following information:
- Name of entrant
- Email address
- Type of student (college or high school)
- Name of school
- Work recited
For queries/ submissions: email@example.com