Deadline: 30 November 2012
Could you write a gripping tale using EXACTLY 100 words? Enter our competition and you could win $1000 and have your story published in Reader’s Digest! The first two runners-up receive $250.
1. This prize scheme is open only to residents in Asia aged 18 years or older and opens August 15, 2012. Entries close at 5pm AEST (online entries) or last mail received (mail entries) on November 30, 2012.
2. The promotional material, information on how to enter and prize details form part of these rules. To be eligible to enter, you must reply in accordance with the conditions specified in this promotion. Employees of the Promoter and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter. The Promoter cannot accept responsibility for lost, misdirected or delayed entries.
3. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
4. Limit of one entry per person.
5. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged and the winners will be determined based on the originality, creativity and/or humour of their entry. To enter, readers must submit an original, unpublished story exactly 100 words long. Readers may either visit www.rdasia.com and fill out the online form to enter, email their response to email@example.com or mail their written submission along with their name, address, email and phone number to “100 Word Story” GPO Box 4353, Sydney NSW 2001, Australia.
6. The best valid entry, as determined by the judges in their discretion, will win one Major Prize comprising of US$1000.
7. The subsequent two best valid entries, as determined by the judges in their discretion, will each win one Runner-Up Prize. Each Runner-Up Prize comprises US$250.
8. The total prize value is US$1500 (inclusive of GST). The prizes are not transferable.
9. The prizes will be delivered at the Promoter’s expense within six to eight weeks of the winners being judged.
10. The prize winners will be notified by email and published in a future issue of Reader’s Digest Magazine.
11. All entries (which shall include the literary works promoted as 100 Word Story become the property of the Promoter. As a condition of entering into this promotion, each entrant agrees to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that each entry submitted is an original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty. Entrants consent to any use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth). Reader’s Digest reserves the right to use entries in all print and electronic media.
12. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, and prize suppliers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter.
13. The Promoter's decision on all matters pertaining to this promotion is final.
14. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) use of a prize.
For queries/ submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org