The inagural Khushwant Singh Literary Festival - Kasauli (H.P.) will be held at the historic Kasauli Club from Friday, October 12th, through Sunday, October 14th, 2012.
The Litfest will bring alive diverse subjects that are of interest to Khushwant Singh (KS) especially topics with a connection to Kasauli and the region around it. KS aged 97 would like this festival to be a meeting of minds to bring out the power of ideas that can transform our lives.
'Raj Villa', in Kasauli has been KS' summer home for many years from where he wrote several of his popular syndicated columns as well as almost hundred literary works, fiction and non fiction. This literary festival thus, being organised in a place that KS has loved so much, is a tribute to one of the greatest Indian authors of all time.
KS has asked that the fest be dedicated to the all of those who serve in this nation's defence services.
Admission strictly restricted to (1) speakers and members of 'The Kasauli Club' and their guests; (2) special invitees; and (3) sponsors and organisers and their guests.
SPEAKERS AND INTERLOCUTORS:
- Ruskin Bond: Born in Kasauli. famous author. Padma Shri and Sahitya Akademi Award.
- Shobhaa De: Best-selling author and journalist.
- Rahul Bose: Famous actor. ‘A Kasauli Boy’.
- Deepti Naval: Famous actor and writer. 'Himachali Girl’.
- Mani Shankar Aiyar: Intellectual, author, politician.
- Pradip Krishen: Film maker, writer, eco gardener.
- Navtej Sarna: Famous diplomat and author.
- Juggi Bhasin: Author and T.V. kournalist.
- Romi Khosla: Celebrated architect and writer.
- Gillian Wright: Famous English actress.
- Harish Dhillon: Renowned English and Punjabi writer. Ex 'sanawar'. Now in Dharampur (H.P.)
- Salima Hashmi: Famous Pakistani writer and artist.
- Ganesh Saili: Renowned writer on the Himalayas.
- Lord Meghnad Desai: Noted economist. member House of Lords.
- Kishar Ahluwalia: Eminent author and editor.
- Bachi Karkaria: Eminent journalist and noted columnist.
- Bhaichand Patel: Eminent diplomat and writer.
- Malavika Sanghavi: Noted journalist and founder 'Midday'.
- Raaja Bhasin: Famous T.V. presenter, writer, and Himachal expert.
- Inderjit Badhwar: World-famous journalist and T.V. presenter.
- Minakshi Chaudhary: Eminent author and specialist on Himachal Pradesh.
- Robin Gupta: Retired bureaucrat, thinker and writer.
- Gen. Kamal Davar(Retd.): Renowned military thinker and writer.
- Nirupama Dutt: Famous Indian author.
- Aparna Narayanan: Educationist and 'First Lady' of Kasauli Cantt.
- Ashima Bath: Head of English Faculty, Lawrence School, Sanawar.
- Rakesh Kanwar: Director H.P. Govt. Art, Culture & Language Dept.
- Mandeep Rai: Eminent writer. Former bureaucrat and history 'buff'.
- Suneet Aiyar: Noted artist and designer.
- Madhu Jain: Eminent journalist.
- Anand Sethi: Engineer, Intl. banker, writer. resident of Dagshai and curator of its jail museum.