Concern Worldwide works with the world’s poorest people to transform their lives. We are an international humanitarian organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries. We work in partnership with the very poorest people in these countries, directly enabling them to improve their lives, as well as using our knowledge and experience to influence decisions made at a local, national and international level that can significantly reduce extreme poverty.
For this year’s competition we want you to explore solutions to some of the world’s greatest development challenges in 750 - 1000 words.
- Post a blog ... on how you would end world hunger
- Give a speech ... accepting the Nobel Peace Prize for improving the lives of the world poorest people.
- Tell the story ... of what it is like to live in Haiti three years after the devastating earthquake
- Junior Ages 13 to 15
- Senior Ages 16 to 19
- Adult 20 years or over
Prizes will be awarded in each of the competition categories as follows:
- First Place: Laptop Computer
- Second Place: E-reader
- Third Place: Mp4 player
WRITING COMPETITION RULES:
Here are the rules for Concern’s Creative Writing Competition:
- Register for Writing CompetitionEntries must be written in English
- Only one entry per person
- All work must be original and unaided
- The word count per entry is 750-1,000 words, please aim to keep within this
- Entries must be submitted online by midnight on March 21st 2013
- Late entries will not be accepted
- Entries received on paper or via post will not be accepted
- Please make sure your contact details are entered correctly on the online form – this is to make sure we can contact you if your entry is chosen as a winner or for publication
- Concern Worldwide will arrange all publicity surrounding the competition winners and prize-giving. Winners are asked to refrain from arranging their own publicity or publication of winning entries
- We reserve the right to use entries for publication or promotional purposes
- Individuals will be notified by email in the event of their entry being selected for publication
If your entry is chosen by the judging panel as a winning or shortlisted entry or for inclusion in the Concern Writing Competition book, we'll need this information:
- Name, age and home address
- Contact phone number and date of birth
- Category (junior/senior/college/adult)
- School Name and address
- Concern will form a panel of highly qualified people to serve as competition judges
- Competition winners will be contacted by Concern
- The decision of the chairperson of the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision
- Winning and selected entries will be included in the annual Concern Writing Competition book
- Photographs of the winners together with their names and ages may be used in publicity campaigns where the parents or guardians have given their consent.
- Winners will be announced on our website.
For queries: email@example.com
For submissions: via the online registration form