We here at H.A.L. Publishing are proud to present our newest foray into venture literature. Far Enough East is an online publication that will showcase work from emerging and established writers breaking barriers and crossing borders. H.A.L. is firmly rooted in Shanghai’s independent literature community, but are now turning our eyes towards the international community, seeking exceptional literature and poetry that captures the world we live in today.
HOW TO SUBMIT TO FAR ENOUGH EAST:
- All entries must be in English. Translations are acceptable and should be accompanied by a copy of the original text. Fiction and non-fiction entries are not to exceed 3,000 words. Poets may submit up to five poems at once; no single poem should exceed 100 lines.
- Word document only please.
- Formatting should be in accordance with the H.A.L. Style Guide: double space after periods; m-dash with spaces; Oxford commas; justified margins, 12 pt font, Arial; single spacing, no indentation, one space between paragraphs.
- A short, 50 word factual bio can be included in the body of the entry email.
- Special formatting discouraged.
- Selected writers grant H.A.L. Publishing first serial rights; all rights revert to the author upon publication, which will occur within two months of the final decision. Selected writers grant H.A.L. the right to indefinitely promote the author’s work online and in print, including by excerpting the work online and in print for promotional purposes.
- Simultaneous submissions allowed, but please notify the editors immediately if chosen for publication elsewhere. Previously published material not allowed.
- By act of submission, submitters verify that the work they submit is their own and does not infringe on the copyrights of any other author, story or work, published, or unpublished.
- Failure to follow or agree to these terms will result in disqualification.
- There is no entry fee.
- Subject of e-mail should include name of author, name of piece and genre you are submitting to. (ex: Author Name/ Title/ Genre)
For queries/ submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org