The Hong Kong Writers Circle is seeking new writing for our next anthology: Another Hong Kong.
The theme is Hong Kong from a different perspective. All genres and forms are welcome - including short stories, flash fiction, poetry and non-fiction. The setting can be in the past, present or future. Writers are free to make literal or experimental interpretations of our theme. All that we insist on is a different point of view. Make us see Hong Kong as we've never seen it before.
Established in 1991, the Hong Kong Writers Circle is Hong Kong’s largest creative writing community. The annual anthology is a showcase for the very best of our writers and writing. Everyone in the circle is invited to submit. If you would like to submit a piece, please send a brief proposal to the editors, Simon Berry, Katrina Hamlin, Kate Hawkins and Peter Humphreys at email@example.com by April 1st. First drafts must be submitted by May 20th.
- We are looking for short fiction, literary non-fiction, or poetry.
- Submissions must be previously unpublished, and under 5000 words.
- Submissions should have at least a tangential connection to Hong Kong.
- Authors may only choose source material that is in the public domain in order to avoid any copyright infringement issues.
- Authors must be HKWC members. New members are welcome: for membership information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or you can join us online.
For queries/ submissions: email@example.com