Summit Thinking provides a platform for middle school students and high school students to share their writings in support of educational initiatives in the areas of mathematics, science, and technology. Essays may be submitted on topics of mathematics, science, and technology. They may also involve combinations of disciplines such as: astronomy, biochemistry, biology, chemistry, computer science, earth science, engineering, geology, environmental science, mathematics, and physics. Essays could be about class experience, a research report, or a reflection on news reports, as long as they are related to the topics listed above. Qualified essays will be published on the Summit Thinking approximately a week after submission; the writers of these essays will be notified via email (email@example.com) when the essay is published.
Students whose essays are qualified will receive $20 checks and a certificate. Each student can submit more than one essay during the competition period. These qualified essays will be entered to win the annual scholarships: $300 for the winner and $100 for finalists.
IMPORTANT DATES: Registration opened August 15, 2012, on the Summit Thinking website, and will remain open through March 31, 2013. The winner and finalists will be notified via email and on the website on April 20, 2013.
CONTESTANT ELIGIBILITY: Students enrolled in grades seven through twelve may apply for Summit Thinking Mathematics, Science, and Technology Scholarships.
- Essay Qualifications
- Essay must be more than 500 words
- Essay must be written in English
- Essay must be written by a student; multiple author essays are not accepted
- Essay must contain clear, thoughtful, well-organized sentences and paragraphs
- Essay must have a title
- Essay must be sent with the student’s name, grade, school, and email address
- Any piece of information that is not your written work must be cited and quoted within the essay
- Include a bibliography
- Above all, be creative and well-researched
- Only exceptional essays will be qualified
- Finalists (2): $100
- Winner (1): $300
- Qualified: $20
For queries/ submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org