(Note: The call is open to young journalists from all over the world. DW will assist with the visa applications for those who need it. Travel costs will be reimbursed by our partner Deutsche Welle. Accommodation for three nights and breakfast are covered. European Youth Press is especially looking for participants from India, China, South Africa, Angola, Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, Myanmar/Burma, Indonesia, Cambodia, Vietnam and Malaysia.)
Orange Magazine is looking for 10 young journalists, photographers and layouters (aged between 18 and 30) from all over the world to cover this year’s Deutsche Welle Global Media Forum.
- Who are we? Orange Magazine provides journalistic education and supports young journalists by giving them room to explore media and current affairs.
- Where? Bonn, Germany
- When? 16-19th of June 2013
- Submission deadline: March 17th, 2013, 23h59 CET
- Selected participants notified by: March 22nd, 2013
Orange Magazine is a project of European Youth Press (EYP), an organisation working for the benefit of young journalists in Europe.
Deutsche Welle is Germany's international broadcaster and host of the DW Global Media Forum. A congress with international reach that draws both media representatives and professionals from all over the world, working in the fields of politics, culture, business, development and science. This year's DW Global Media Forum in Bonn will focus on "economic value and the media".
The organizers will provide the Orange Magazine team with free access to the whole event including opportunities to interview both guest speakers and participants.
THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS ARE OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS:
- Responsibilities: The layouter will be responsible for the design of the Orange magazine. We would like to further develop Orange magazine´s design. You can check out the previous issues.
- In order to apply as a layouter, we would like to see 1-2 pages of your ideas. We are looking for a fresh and modern layout! How would you change the Orange magazine design within the DW parameters?
- Eligibility: Previous experience in this area and working in projects.
- Application: Please send a CV and a portfolio of your previous work and 1 or 2 pages samples of your vision of the new Orange layout.
- Responsibilities: The photographer will take pictures of the event, which will be published in the print edition of the Orange Magazine, on the Orange Magazine website, Facebook page and newsletters. The photographer will be expected to edit his own pictures on Photoshop/Aperture in order to prepare them for publishing quality.
- Eligibility: You will have to provide your own camera equipment and demonstrate previous experience in photography.
- Application: Please send a CV and a portfolio with your pictures.
- Responsibilities: The Orange team will produce one issue of the magazine during the Global Media Forum. Each member will have to write at least 1 feature related to the topics of the 2013 edition of the Global Media Forum: economic values & media.
- What is your story idea?
- How is it related to the conference topic?
- How are you going to research the topic?
- Who are you planning to interview?
Please note that social media skills are highly appreciated. You will be expected to tweet and feed our Facebook page during the conference. Audio and video skills are considered an advantage. We expect perfect working and writing knowledge of English and the capacity to work with people from other cultural backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your application with all your documents by e-mail.
Please note that submissions which are not in English, and/or are incomplete and/or have arrived after the deadline will be automatically disqualified.
For queries: Armand Feka at firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions: email@example.com .